Dulcey Chocolate Tart
Recipe from Pastry Chef Sarah Kosikowski, L'École Valrhona Pastry Chef - Eastern USA
Recipe made for 24 x 2,75"
Hazelnut Pâte Sablé
240 g butter
4 g salt
165 g confectioner's sugar
55 g hazelnut flour
100 g eggs
120 g all-purpose flour
350 g all-purpose flour
- Mix the softener butter with the salt, confectioner's sugar, hazelnut flour, eggs, and the smaller quantity of flour.
- Do not over mix!
- As soon as the mixture is evenly combined, add the remaining flour very rapidly.
- Set aside in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 160°C/320°F.
Dulcey Chocolate Ganache
400 g heavy cream
65 g invert sugar
810 g DULCEY CHOCOLATE
- Proceed as with a classic ganache: bring the cream to a boil with the sugar and gradually pour onto the melted Dulcey Chocolate to make an emulsion.
- Finish adding the cream and mix with a hand blender to perfect the emulsion.
Assembly and Finishing
- Make the tart shells and bake at 160°C/320°F until nicely golden.
- Pour the ganache at 28-29°C/82-83°F into the pastry shells and leave to set at 17°C/63 °F.
- To finish decorating the tarts, temper some Dulcey Chocolate and use a little oil to stick some acetate dipping sheets onto some very flat baking sheets.
- Pour on a small quantity of chocolate and immediately cover with a second sheet. Use a rolling pin to spread out the chocolate, pushing it out towards the edges and checking the thickness. Before it sets completely, use the back of a knife to cut out different sized rectangles, rolling them around the rolling pin.
- Leave to set at 17°C/63 °F.
- Arrange a curved rectangle of Dulcey Chocolate on each tartlet.